We spoke about names and memberships on my last blog. Here are a few more items you will want to keep in mind. For a specific list of items please email me.
Here are other factors you will want to keep in mind:
1. You will want to find a conducive location for all to meet. You can hold your first meeting at a local (inexpensive) restaurant or if you know of someone who has a conference room, see if you can meet there.
2. You will want some paperwork, a contract perhaps, or guidelines of what you expect of the members. You can convert a few members into Board Members, if you choose to go that route. I can assist you with what worked for my group.
3. What you will add to the group; i.e. a website, newsletter, Facebook page, etc. You will want to have this in place before you start to recruit as this will be (or could be) your main form of communication.
4. Structure; when will you meet, how often, how long each member has to introduce themselves, referral incentives, etc.
5. Length of membership. Do you want a six month commitment or do you want a year commitment. You will want to set your (pricing) due structure based on length of membership.
6. What the membership includes. I did a website, monthly newsletter, 30 second intro at each meeting and what I like to call "Five Minutes of Fame." Each member was responsible for the door prize, snack (usually coffee and cookies) and in exchange they get 5 minutes to speak about their business. It's a great way to promote the other businesses and alleviates you from the burden of providing a door prize, snack, etc.
If you want a more in depth look into creating a networking group email me at: email@example.com
Everything Else Marketing
Website refund policy: No refunds issued once the work has begun and/or a domain name is purchased.
If client is making payments, and payments aren't completed the website will be removed and a fee* will be charged to reinstate the site. *Past payments may be required.